stuck pistons

To: dixon@fourfold.ocunix.on.ca
Subject: stuck pistons
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Tue Jul 21 09:03:42 1992
dixon,

I tried the same techniques as you have on an old mini engine I purchased
they did not work on that engine either.

one thing you might try is heating around the perimeter of the piston
with a propane torch, then spray in wd40 and pound with sledgehammer on
block of wood.  if this does not work, you can do what I did...bring
engine to the machine shop and let them use the hydraulic press. that will
do it.
jim fuerstenberg

                        186,000 miles per second, it's not just a good idea
                        it's the law!

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or
xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil

The opinions stated herein are solely my own and not those of my employer.