Re: TeriAnn the Tour Director

To: twakeman@apple.com (Teriann J. Wakeman)
Subject: Re: TeriAnn the Tour Director
From: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 92 13:02:35 CDT
Teriann J. Wakeman writes >

>Well mike, now that you mention it, on my last Santa Cruz mountain tour, when
>we turned around because this intersection looks a lot like the one I wanted
>a mile up the canyon, and what do you mean there is no more road ahead??!

I rode shotgun with Terry Pitts in his fine Europa on the tour for the  Jaguar
Club All-British Picnic.  Tour directions were printed like rally instructions.
The guy at the head of the line turned right too soon for one instruction.  We
went about a quarter mile down a divided four-lane that ended in the woods.
Obviously, they are planning to build the rest of it later.  The pavement was
good, and there was lots of room to make the U-turn at the end.

This was an error, but Terry and I commented on how intelligent it would have
been to do it on purpose.  It gave each of the drivers a great chance to view
the other cars, and also weeded out the "civilians" that had infiltrated our
ranks.

Anyway, I suggest you do something like this.  I suppose you know a road where
you could see the cars across a small canyon after crossing a bridge or the
like.  Gives a driver more to look at than the car just ahead.

>A TR4 found itself with one wheel dangling in the edge over a bit of a drop.
>We all got out, put weight on the oposit end to get two rear wheels on ground.

No danger of that where we were. Although there were some other places on the
route.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  (list goes here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Colin Chapman     "It's a Mistake" - Colin Hay