Re: Re: EZ-bleed vs. GT6

To: dickn@hpspdbc.spd.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: EZ-bleed vs. GT6
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 92 11:00:56 pdt
> From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.spd.hp.com>
> Subject: Re: EZ-bleed vs. GT6
> To: cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com (Roland Dudley)
> Date: Fri, 17 Jul 92 10:34:43 PDT
> Cc: GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
>

> with the LARGE number of square inches in the large plastic reservoir
> of a GT6, I think even 10 psi might be a lot. Also the reservoir is
> "sealed" to the master cylinder with two  o-rings which tend to leak
> much pressure might aggravate the leak porential.   /dick

Before doing the snake brakes I used an Eezibleed on a VW bug.  For some
reason VW didn't believe in hose clamps in those days (maybe they still
don't) resulting in many bugs and busses burning to the ground.  The
hoses connecting the remote fluid reservoir to the master cylinder on
these older VWs didn't have clamps on them either.  I had no problem
getting the reservoir cap to seal with hand tightness but had to add
hose clamps to the hoses.

On the snake the clutch MC reservoir is integrated into the casting and
sealed quite easily.  The brakes, which have two separate remote "tin
can" reservoirs, were another story.  No amount of hand tightening would
seal them at ANY pressure.  Dropping the pressure below 10psi or less
and using channel-lock pliers was the only way I could get them to hold.
Even with this reduced pressure, the Eezibleed seemed to work fine.

Roland