Re: EZ-bleed vs. GT6

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: EZ-bleed vs. GT6
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 92 15:22:47 EDT
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>

|> > From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.spd.hp.com>

|> > Subject: EZ-bleed vs. GT6
|> > To: GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com (Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432)
|> > Date: Fri, 17 Jul 92 8:30:31 PDT
|> > Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
|> >
|> > I saw your posting about buying an EZ-bleed for your GT6.
|> > I had NO LUCK with modifying a GT6 master cylinder top
|> > to use with an EZ-bleed. All it did was blow brake fluid
|> > all over my paint job! If you have any luck please tell
|> > me about it. (but be careful)
|> >

|> > PPS because of the GT6 has such a large plastic reservoir and very large
|> > cap, (lots of square inches of stuff that is not very strong)
|> > I would recomend using the very lowest pressure that you can
|> > if you do use an EZ-bleed.
|> >

|> Be sure to follow the included instructions regarding leak testing
|> BEFORE putting fluid into the Eezibleed.  I got over confident about
|> this after a bit and ended up making a big mess.  10psi is plenty of
|> pressure.  Don't drive yourself nuts trying to seal at 20psi.  These
|> reservoirs were not designed to be pressure sealed.

I'll second that!  I thought I was the only one on the list who had trouble
with this gadget.  I never did get it sealed on my MGB before I finally
gave up and had an assistant pump the brakes.  20 psi + 1 pt DOT + leak =
BIG MESS!

|> Roland

Bob

Of course brakes don't matter while the B isn't running.  Sigh.  Hopefully
I'll get the ignition/carburation/possible head gasket problems fixed
tomorrow.