Re: EZ-bleed vs. GT6

To: dickn@hpspdbc.spd.hp.com
Subject: Re: EZ-bleed vs. GT6
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 92 09:52:47 pdt
> From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.spd.hp.com>
> Subject: EZ-bleed vs. GT6
> To: GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com (Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432)
> Date: Fri, 17 Jul 92 8:30:31 PDT
> Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
>
> I saw your posting about buying an EZ-bleed for your GT6.
> I had NO LUCK with modifying a GT6 master cylinder top
> to use with an EZ-bleed. All it did was blow brake fluid
> all over my paint job! If you have any luck please tell
> me about it. (but be careful)
>

> PPS because of the GT6 has such a large plastic reservoir and very large
> cap, (lots of square inches of stuff that is not very strong)
> I would recomend using the very lowest pressure that you can
> if you do use an EZ-bleed.

Be sure to follow the included instructions regarding leak testing
BEFORE putting fluid into the Eezibleed.  I got over confident about
this after a bit and ended up making a big mess.  10psi is plenty of
pressure.  Don't drive yourself nuts trying to seal at 20psi.  These
reservoirs were not designed to be pressure sealed.

Roland