Tube Shock Conversions

To: Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu
Subject: Tube Shock Conversions
From: cat@buast9.bu.edu (James Howard)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 92 09:58:20 -0400
>Roger Garnett asks about SPAX tube shock conversions for the MGB.

The rear tube shock conversion works real well.  However, don't get the
front one that puts the shock next to the spring.  Some people have said
that it causes the front end to twist, and therefore, wear out more quickly.

I don't know if that is true or not, but I do know that shocks in that
position tend to rub against the brake lines, which is NOT good.

I saw that Ron Hopkinson in the UK has a kit that puts the shock above
the old lever arm.  Seems like it should work well, although I have not
seen any reviews of their kit.

James