Tube Shock Conversions

To: British Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tube Shock Conversions
From: sggy@crux1.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1992 09:11:41 -0400
I'd like to hear from anyone who has installed the SPAX, or any other
tube shock conversion on an MGB. Now that the Alfa is sold, I've got
a little time and money to spend on my real cars. Seeing as how the
suspension on my '65 is totally trash (from leaking armstrongs with
stripped mounting bolts, to very bent A-arms, and saggy springs),
it's time for a complete re-do.

Yesterday I installed the new water pump, transfered the plates,
and it's back on the road again. Trouble is, it steers like a dead
pig, and brakes like a greased one!
   ________
  /     _  \        Roger Garnett             (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   |
| |\/ ||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | "The South Lansing Centre
| |   ||   | |      Cornell University       |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
 \    ||__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!