Re: Tube Shock Conversions

To: Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Tube Shock Conversions
From: Scott Alexander <salex@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 92 10:13:27 PDT
        I'd like to hear from anyone who has installed the SPAX, or
        any other tube shock conversion on an MGB.

I did the tube shock conversion on my '69 B as part of the front
suspension rebuild.  I used the cheap kit from Moss (not Spax).  It
was a bolt-on as advertised and certainly the handling was much
better than the worn out front end.  How it would compare with a 'B
front end built to spec, I can't say, never having had the
opportunity to drive such a beast.

The other thing that I would consider at this point is the coil over
kit that Moss is now offering.  It looked to me like it wouldn't
raise the cost of a complete rebuild all that much (if I'm correct in
my impression that it comes with the kingpins and some of the other
major wear items) and should be very good for posing, if nothing
else.  Does anyone have any experience with this kit?

Scott Alexander
salex@devvax.jpl.nasa.gov