Re: Spark Plugs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, spidell@hpcc01.corp.hp.com
Subject: Re: Spark Plugs
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 92 09:42:56 PDT
Bob Spidell asks:

     I for one would like to know if anybody has tried the Bosch Platinum
     plugs in their LBC.
          >>Yup, just ran a set thru Redcar prior to La
          Carrera.

     If so, do they live up to Bosch's claims?
          >>Well, I'm not sure what Bosch claims, but if
          it's that they won't foul out intermittently on a
          rich-running 1275, then no they don't stand up to this
          claim. Had much better luck w/NGK's.

     Or does the Lucas ignition reject them?
          >>Hmmmm. Actually I *did* cook a coil on the way
          back. Oh, but that was on the NGKs. Hmmmmmm.

     cheers-
            dstone@sc9.intel.com