More UK parts shopping

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: More UK parts shopping
From: rbt%dracut@keps.kodak.com (Bob Tufts)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 92 12:44:13 EDT
Having made a less than successful attempt a repairing the short speedo cable
(about 7" long from right angle drive to transaxle) on my Esprit, I was forced
to order a new one. The part is not quite as simple as one would think, and the
price reflects it! Once again I tried stateside first. R.D.'s price was $110.
If you think that's bad, Sportscar World was $160.!!  Of course neither had the
part and would have to order it (add slow-boat-to US time and charges).

So I called Kelvedon again and the part was 34 pounds (~$65 these days). The
part was in stock and will ship today along with 2 mirrors(glass only) at 3
pounds each via air mail.

It's becomming clear to me the way to go for Lotus Parts! I can only assume
that people with MG's & Triumphs don't find it as bad with places like Moss,
TRF,etc.,that do a volume buisness. In dealing with limited production of
Lotuses, the middleman appears not to compete!

"Let your fingers do the walking" and the British pound is talking!(it used
to be even better when a pound was around $1.60!)

-Bob T.