Re: Spark Plugs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spark Plugs
From: rbt%dracut@keps.kodak.com (Bob Tufts)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 92 13:01:06 EDT
Bob (spidell@hpcc01.corp.hp.com) writes:

How about a discussion on sparking plugs, in general?  I for one would like
to know if anybody has tried the Bosch Platinum plugs in their LBC.  If so,
do they live up to Bosch's claims?  Or does the Lucas ignition reject them?

I've tried both Champions and Bosch platinum's as relacements to the OEM NGK's
that came with my Esprit. I flat out didn't like the Champs. The Bosch were OK,
but the NGK's still appear to run better (especially when you consider the
price!). As far as I know the correct heat range was chosen, but maybe someone
didn't do their homework when the cross-refernce chart was made.  BTW: I had
similar results years ago with NGK's and Champs for my Mazda RX3(rotary).
The car wa a real slug with the Champs, but the car ran excellent with the NGK's

Not being into spark plugs, I really didn't care to experiment with different
heat ranges. When the OEM plug works great and the substitute doesn't, I feel
no more dollars need be spent!

-Bob T.