re: Engine swaps

To: @brit
Subject: re: Engine swaps
From: rghoff@bb1t.monsanto.com (Home for the Holidays, its your turn to take out the trash)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 91 14:58:51 -0600
        Here's another of my 2 cents, um, I mean 2 pence worth......

        If you're going to swap engines, why not look into something
        modern with multi-point fuel injection, maybe 4 valves/cylinder,
        etc. Something with ultra clean emissions and top notch
        realibility.

        Why go with a dinosaur? Big and heavy and dirty.

        An Olds Quad4 would probably make a nice choice. Or maybe the
        Chrysler Turbo 2.2 with intercooler. You'll get similar (and
        actually higher) HP, better milage, etc.

        For that once in a while type boost, I'd even suggest just
        getting a nitrous setup. You'll be blow'n away Vettes with a
        1.3 liter!

        Rick, again.