Re: steering

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: steering
From: sanders@pogo.lanl.gov (John A. Sanders)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 91 10:54:53 MST
Whenever I replace the rack boots on my MGB's I don't bother separating the
tie rod. Notice that the other end of the assembly bolts onto the back of the
swivel axel in two places. Just unbolt that and the whole thing can be
turned without having worry about the separating the tie rod. I usually spray
some yellow paint on the toe-in adjuster nut to aid in reassembly. This helps
when trying to keep track of the number of turns needed to undo the arm.
Given the wobble in my wire rims, I don`t like the idea of doing garage floor
measurements to reset things from scratch.

John Sanders