My opinionated response to the, ahem, BRG Miata.

To: "british-cars@encore.com"@HERMES.intel.com
Subject: My opinionated response to the, ahem, BRG Miata.
From: dstone@sc9.intel.com (D. STONE 5-9521, BPR: 237-2322")
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 91 10:13:36 PST

From:   HERMES::"@encore.encore.com:archer@hsi86.hsi.com" 12-FEB-1991
08:24:24.04
To:     british-cars@encore.com
CC:
Subj:   BRG Miata

*A friend at work has just shown me the latest "Car & Driver".  There is a very
small article, with accompanying colour photo, and a little later on a
full-page colour advert of the Limited Edition Mazda Miata MX-5.

As if you haven't guessed, its in British Racing Green with a tan interior
and tonneau cover and a wood gear shift knob.  Only 4000 will be made and
they start at $19,500.
Its finally here, the BRG Miata.  When they first came out I was able to resist
the
temptations (unable to afford one helped!) and I read that Mazda planned to
make a BRG version in the future and I said I could hold out until then...
*NOW* what do I do?

     ^^You avoid being a heretic by not buying a Japanese^^
              car painted the *holy* color of BRG.

I NEED HELP!  Please donate money (or a complete BRG Miata)!

     ^^Yes, I'll concede that you need help, but it should^^
     be in the more appropriate form of a clapped-out
     roadster of proper lineage that you can learn inside
     and out while rebuilding, and then have it painted BRG.
     Hell, I'll sell you my Bugeye for half that ! And just
     think of all the money you'll save !

(PS:  Its either this or that beautiful BRG Aston Martin Virage I saw
 advertised in "British Car" magazine.

     ^^At least this is a BRITISH car painted BRG.^^

     This was not intended to be a flame on the original
     poster, nor a slander of the Miata, it's just something
     about the idea of THAT car, being painted THAT color,
     seems truly blasphemous.
                               cheers-
                                      dstone@sc9.intel.com