Re: RE>Re- Steering

To: Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com, british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: RE>Re- Steering
From: mason@ftp.com (Nark Mason)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 91 00:17:33 -0500
    For some reason I don't understand I've never invested the $ into a tie
rod puller and pickle forks are inherently evil. I've had good luck with some
pretty stuck tie rod ends by heating the steering arm (or whatever the tie rod
is stuck to) up a good bit and giving a good sharp tap on the threaded end.
They usually pop right out, but you'd also have to be really careful to not
melt the boot. Just heat it enough to be obviously too hot to touch, not
enough to soften the metal, and be careful to not mash the threads by
mushrooming the end.