Re: One that got away. One that didn't

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: One that got away. One that didn't
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 91 08:58:58 -0500
> From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
>  ... One of my fellow work buddies came across a
> supply of surplus P-51 Mustangs for sale for some ridiculously low
> price, either $500 or $1500 apiece, I've forgotten which.  ...

Oh boy, Roland!  What a chance!  I would buy one of these beauties
just to sit and look at (at these prices!) in my back garden if I couldn't
afford the gas, insurance, maintenance, etc.  Wot a toy!

If not for being practical, broke, having a family, etc... :-)

Garry Archer Esq.       {yale, uunet}!hsi!archer  -OR-  archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert