Re: road trip advice

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM,
Subject: Re: road trip advice
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <mit-eddie!apple.com!twakeman@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 90 18:35:31 -0700
I have driven my one LBC {68 MGBGT} and my non Leland cars, the Land Rover,
& TR3 down HY1 on multiple occassions.

Your steering should be tight. Your tyres in good condition, and your car
should be mechanically sound.  Other than lots of curves there is nothing
strange about #1. Any car in good mechanical condition should do fine.
Any car not in good mechanical condition should not be driven.
You might want to check rear end and transmission fuild levels before leaving.
Adjust your brakes (get a free midas break inspection if you do not feel
confident about them). Change your oil.

The trip is usually faster on a week day.  How long it takes depends upon
how many stops you make, how long you stop, and what the traffic is like.

TeriAnn