RE: Over heating #2121

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Over heating #2121
From: "Breton48" <breton48@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:38:00 -0700
I got my Bricklin back from the shop yesterday.  It was in for overheating
problem, plus window regulators and air door fix.  All done - except it's
still overheating. It was hot yesterday (up to 103F on the freeway from
Riverside to San Diego), and I had to stop 4 times in 100 miles - even with
the air conditioning off, I could not prevent the water in the radiator from
boiling, and I stayed on the side of the road for a good 20 minutes. Made
for a long (and hot) journey back to San Diego!

The shop tech checked the engine/timing, etc... the car has brand new water
pump, no leaks, over sized radiator/hoses are also brand new, there is an
electric fan in front of the radiator as well as the regular fan... what
now?

Kind of a bummer... I was looking forward to drive the SV1 the 1200 miles
from So Cal to my new home in Colorado, but it seems the Bricklin is now
destined for a ride on my trailer!

JLC