RE: Over heating #2121

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Over heating #2121
From: "Breton48" <breton48@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:36:50 -0700
Greg wrote:You have a couple of options.  The easiest is something like
Water Wetter.
This manages the heat better, but you will have to flush and fill before
winter since this will freeze quickly.

The other option is a 160 degree high flow thermostat.  Seems like I
purchasde mine from Summit.  The local auto parts did not understand what I
was hunting for.   I installed a high flow water pump but the high flow
lower tempreture thermostat seems to have worked the best.  On a 95 degree
day with the air on mine was runing at 180.

-

I used water wetter in a couple of cars. I did not think it worked as well
as antifreeze, and I don't fancy flushing the system twice a year in CO!

A quick look at Summit's website showed that besides Summit's own
thermostat, the following 160 degrees/high flow thermostat are available:

Mr. Gasket 4363

Milodon MIL-16400

EMP Stewart EMP 300

You were right about local auto parts stores - I called Autozone and NAPA to
ask if they had a high-flow 160 degrees thermostat, and neither salesperson
seemed to know what I was talking about.

I'll try one of these thermostats.

Thanks for the info, Greg!

JLC