Fw: To Paint or Not to Paint?

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: To Paint or Not to Paint?
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 01:41:44 -0500

>Now that I'm getting close to finishing the mechanical work on ol'1343 it's
time to start thinking
>about the body. All the panels are in good shape with the exception of the
following:
>1. The acrylic is chipped on the corners of the hood and it has circular
sress cracks in the
>middle.
>2. The roof panel is split along the edge on the drivers side.
>3. The passenger door panel is broken where it bends over the roof.
>
>Are WHITE acrylic hoods/roof/door panels available?
=======
There may be some available, you'll have to check Terry T. or other Bricklin
suppliers.
=======
  If not then should I
get fiberglass
>replacements (or repair the orignals) and paint them to match the acrylic.
OR... should I paint
>the entire body.  I'm afraid that if I just paint the replacement panels
then the car might not
>look right.
=======
If cost or originality aren't an issue, I would replace the hood, door skin,
and repair the roof since it's so hard to replace.

Paint the whole car. You'll never get a match to the acrylic. R-M did the
original formulations for painting the bumper, door jams, and mirrors, etc.
and they may be able to reproduce it in a current product.

GM