Re: To Paint or Not to Paint?

To: marvmay@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: To Paint or Not to Paint?
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:38:22 EST
Marvin,
That is a rough decision.  White acrylic parts are scarce.  I also have a
white acrylic body that I am trying to keep original.  Terry has told me that
once the doors and roof are cracked and need replaced, it doesn't make sense
to replace them with acrylic that will only crack again.  Of course the
original reason for most of those cracks was the hydraulics putting too much
stress on the roof.  So if you have air doors and don't drive the car a lot I
wonder if that advice would still hold?   Anyway I understand white paint is
very difficult to match, so if you are going to paint only partially, you
better find a real expert.  Also, what condition is your front extension,
headlight covers, and fenders?  I might be interested in them if you wanted to
replace them with non-virgins before you paint, if they are in good shape.
George Curley (#220, 489, 670)