Fw: No LBC - Fiberfab

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: No LBC - Fiberfab
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 02:13:50 -0500

>Any body have a picture or a site they could point me to.  I'm looking
>for info on the old Fiberfab Banshee.  It was the predicessor to their
>Jamacian and had gullwing doors.  The hood was rounded very much like
>the XKE.
=========
If your local library has magazine collections, check out late 60's, early
70's Hotrod, Car Craft, and Car & Driver rags. Fiberfab used to advertise
quite a bit.
=========

>I'd love to find a picture of one.  That is what got me into really
>playing with cars.  I trying to build one.  My dad was going to bankroll
>me for the body AFTER I had a chassis that was 1st class.  I purchased
>3 TR3s and built one awsome chassis.  Then when I went to order the
>body, Fiberfab said the mold was bad and they had retooled for the
>Jamacian.  I wasn't about that - I really wanted the Banshee, but
>like and idot I ordered the Jamacian.  Now I wish I had the TR3 and all
>the spare parts I USED to have.
=========
Tell me about it. The second car I built was a modified Devin SS body on a
heavily chopped '57 TR-2 chassis. Unfortunately, shortly after I got it
roadworthy, the Feds passed a minimum headlight height law and it wasn't
even close. I wound up parting it out, with the chassis going to the
scrappers. :^((

GM