Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire

To: "Viet-Tam Luu" <viettamluu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:44:05 -0800
Tam,

Rigtht.  This place is not a Republic, where the SC members represent
the interests of their constituents.  It's a Democracy, where you go and
vote your point of view.  If you want things to be a certain way,
joining the SC and making it happen is the way it works.  If you are
not interested enough to do that, well, you hope you can enjoy the
program that's set up by the people who care enough to do so.

The SC members generally try to do what they think is best and desired
by people running in the events, though they have (rarely) made mistakes
in the past, which have later been rolled back.  And I think they do a darn
good job.

The push has been to get run group sizes better under control, and if
you have not heard that loud and clear, then you have not been helping
run events very much.

But, my friend, I don't see your complaint in your note.  Would you like to
tell us what your position really is?  I see that if you had run Round 7
slush in
ESP, you would have finished 3rd rather than 12th.  You would have been
5th in Round 6 (90),
6th in Round 5 (70)
7th in Round 4 (50),
7th in Round 3 (50),
8th in round 2 (30), and
6th in round 1 (70)

for a total of 460 points (dropping the 30).

That would have put you in 5th place in ESP, just out of the trophies,
compared to 13th in STi.  How bad is that?  I myself do worse most of the
time.

Further you would be competing with Mark Watson and Chris Warner,
who also run Evos, and you all might just have a lot of fun together.

All this on street tires.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton    '64 E Type FHC    "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"