RE: Anyone doing STX for the slush series?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Anyone doing STX for the slush series?
From: Joe Ciarcia <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:41:45 -0700 (PDT)
Ahhh, I see. While the turbo and cats do muffle a lot
of the sound (and it would pass a sound test with a
straight pipe from the cats back) it would still be
loud enough to annoy the neighbors and it would most
certainly attract the attention of the police
(especially in cities like Fremont). It would seem as
if there is a good percentage of officers that are not
aware of the laws that they are supposed to enforce.
Someone on I-club with an aftermarket exhaust got
pulled over the other day (I'm not sure if he was
doing anything to attract attention to himself or
not). He was let go with a warning but the officer was
quoted as saying "any aftermarket exhaust system is
illegal". While the officer was clearly wrong this
ignorance seems to be somewhat prevelant with local
law enforcement and I'd rather deal with it by not
attracting any attention to begin with. :-) Hmmm maybe
BLUE wasn't the best color choice. -LOL-

Joe

--- "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com> wrote:
> That would be cool but I was suggesting something a
> bit more conventional.
>
> Why waste your money on an aftermarket exhaust
> system? Just get a custom bent 60mm stright pipe of
> aluminized steel from the cats on back. No
> mufflers. It will be cheaper than ANY aftermarket
> muffler you can find, provide more power, will not
> affect emissions so you're still smog-safe,
> and your car will not be too loud. And if you want
> it to look cool, you can have them weld a chromed
> tip on the end.

=====
Silly little Yahoo advert follows...