RE: Anyone doing STX for the slush series?

To: "'Joe Ciarcia'" <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Anyone doing STX for the slush series?
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:51:45 -0700
For several years I had a '95 RX-7 twin turbo with a straight pipe
exhaust which was considerably louder than stock (in stock trim that car
is about as loud as a sewing machine), but still well under the legal
limits. My neighbors never complained, even when I used to live in an
apartment. I was never pulled over for sound. I was pulled over a few
times for other "alleged infractions" but even then the officers never
said anything about the exhaust. And that was a car with looks that said
"cite me" to every officer who ever saw it.

Your experience may vary, but I think if you drive "normally" on the
street it won't be a problem. At least, it never was for me.