Re: What's drawing new members?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's drawing new members?
From: "Jeremy Rine" <geratol@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 18:27:04 +0000
>From my observations as a regular registration worker is that with the
growing popularity of suped-up imports we get a lot of "kids" off the
streets who see us autocrossing and want to "join in the fun".  They ask for
a registration form, they sign up, they come to the next event, they do bad,
they never come back.  For a while we were averaging about 4 new members
every event.  The only first timers who seem to come back are those "Free
membership from Subaru" drivers.

I have been stopped at both Safeway and Office Depot by people who want to
join the SCCA and start autocrossing.  Don't ask me how they know to ask me,
it's just plain weird.

-Jeremy Rine
#12 DSP