Re: What's drawing new members?

To: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Subject: Re: What's drawing new members?
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:31:36 -0700
On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 11:14 , Richard Urschel wrote:

> Comparing SFR 1999 to 2002 participation per event:
>
> STS                  +14
> STX/SM/2             +10
> Novices               +7
> OSP                   -4
> Street Tire Class     -3
> Stock/SP/Prep/Mod     -1
>
> Total                +23
>
> Street Tires         +18
> Race Tires            +5
>
> 39% of SFR participants are currently running
> in street tire classes.
> Rich Urschel

I appreciate the info, but agree with the interrogative of the subject.
The reality is that most new members show up and run in the classes they
are advised to.  So, for example, the street tire percentage is inflated
because to run in the Novice/Rookie class, they are a requirement.

A slightly different effect is also present - if I show up as a novice,
and my current mods fit, say, STS, that's likely the class I will run in
that year.  It isn't until the next season that I will make the decision
to add or remove mods to fit other preparation levels.

I guess what I'm saying is that new participants skew these numbers a
lot.  ;)

KeS