Re: Going Downhill

To: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>,
Subject: Re: Going Downhill
From: J C <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:00:51 -0800 (PST)
--- Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org> wrote:
> Stacey,
>
> Like every really good list, it's pretty much for
> any vaguely related topic that the group of
> friends on the list want to talk about.
>
> You got a delete button?  Use it.
>
> Jerry

Point taken everyone but I do agree with Jerry. The
SAME thing happens on my cycling team's mailing list
too (and the Impreza club web board for that matter
too in fact... we rarely seem to talk about Imprezas,
hmmmm). We go off on some tangents and then someone
snaps their fingers and we get back on track. I
actually like both sports for similar reasons so I do
feel there is some relevance. The reason I personally
responded is because I'm very passionate about the
sport of cycling. I'd do the same thing if someone
posted a question about autocrossing on our club's
mailing list. wreck.bicycles.* is usually not the best
place for information as like many other usenet groups
the noise floor is too high on a day to day basis and
the group is riddled with FAR too many morons. I'm
sure there's autocross related newsgroups out there
however I prefer to get my information from this group
of people whom I can match up with faces at an event
and I'm sure that's what Katie is after.

Anyhow, my club maintains an open door policy. Anyone
can subscribe, read, and post to our mailing list.
It's Webcor/Alto Velo and you can find more info on
our mailing list at http://www.topica.com/lists/av/.
I'd invite anyone who has a serious interest in
bicycle racing to check us out. That should alleviate
some of the cycling traffic on this list. Those with a
recreational interest may want to look elsewhere as
our primary focus is racing and training (and
promoting our WONDERFUL sponsor, Webcor Builders
<shameless plug> <grin>). Our club rides are open as
well, we run an A ride (brutally stupid fast, many
guys and gals climbing Old La Honda in under 20
minutes... they will not wait for you if you can't
keep up), and a B ride (still fast but a little more
tollerant and supportive of people who are OTB, the
rides are a little slower and usually shorter). We
start at Peet's Coffee in Los Altos (another wonderful
sponsor, we really have THE BEST sponsors :-). If
you're interested in joining us for a ride (you don't
have to be a member) please feel free to drop me a
note and I'll point you in the right direction.

Cheers, Joe