Re: SFR Solo2 Annual Tech begins

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SFR Solo2 Annual Tech begins
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:06:22 -0800
Dennis,

It sure saves time and aggravation for the drivers who
get Annual Tech .  It saves every other driver time, in
that they don't have to wait in tech lines as long as today.
We had probably 340 drivers yesterday, and the tech
line was about 15 cars when I lined up.    It will be
shorter when say, 40% of our cars are pre-teched.

Once you qualify for annual tech, either through 12 tech
inspections or three years active participation, that's it
forever.  That's the driver.

Each car has to be inspected
once a year, or more.  Probably when we get going, there
will only be annual inspections on specific days or by
appointment, we'll have to work this out once we see how
the program develops.

Basically, it's no-cost for new folks.  They have to be teched
at every event anyway.  Getting logged is not a big deal.
There's no limit on how long it takes to get your 12 logged
events, other than three years, at which time you're eligible
anyway, if you have been a regular participant.

If I have not been a regular participant, well, SFR'd like
me to get teched every time.

But it's not about saving time, it's about increasing awareness
of safety among our drivers and enlisting them to patrol their cars
for safety issues.   Also,  everyon who qualifies will be a
well-trained tech inspector, and we will maybe have more
candidates to help that tech line get shorter.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps rouler!