Re: SFR Solo2 Annual Tech begins

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SFR Solo2 Annual Tech begins
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:51:13 -0800 (PST)
>Ah, Dennis, You are being disingenuous.

As usual.  8-)
Maybe just hemidisingenuous. 8-0

>Your "region of record" is somewhere up there in the
cool climes of Idaho and, I suspect, you don't have a
clue about how they run autocross events. Especially
the "pointed" events.

Yes, my region of record is Snake River and is indeed
in Idaho. I was born there and my mother and sister
still live there. It is home. They also welcome me at
their events, haven't been abused or yelled at or told
to leave even once. I kind of like it. I have attended
their autocross events as well. Almost as many as SFR
events since the great McKenna/Davis P & M genocide
program began 8 years ago. It is a long tow, but I
figure I can make about 10 trips to Boise and have
more fun than 1 trip to miserable Topeka each year for
the same money and effort. Peggy was born and grew up
near Topeka, we have plenty of experience with
September in Kansas you likely do not suspect and it
is no treat! If you suddenly really care.
My second region of record is Las Vegas if you really
want to worry about my ways.....

>Although You do know how they run hillclimbs.

Yes, each year we help run the two Idaho NHA
hillclimbs where we are the T & S folks, as well as
the Redwood club's Hoopa hillclimb where we are
central control and safety folks. We do live too far
away to actually chair the events, oh shucks. I am
also working on putting together another California
hillclimb, and have tried a couple of times, rather
unsuccessfully, to integrate a Solo Trials program
into YOUR region of record, SFR, over the last three
years. What does this have to do with SFR Annual Tech?

>And, if you owned a 2002 Solo II rulebook, you'd
already know the inside rear cover is blank. That's
how that part of the proposal came about in the first
place.

If the book was available when our tropical Monterey
season begins on 1/1, far before Denver deems
appropriate need, and if we were at the right place
and right time and if.....
We did try to buy one at Boondoggle a month ago and
even mighty SFR did not yet have them. Now how could
someone from the great Tundra be expecting to have one
earlier?
Some well intentioned SCCA type [who else would even
want the silly book?] apparently helped themselves to
my 2001 book last year so I did not even have that
reference when I went off with another of my pateneted
revisionist half-truths about SCCA selling
advertisements on the covers of the books. How ever
could I have gotten such a jaundiced idea??? Those
advertisements are solidly within the text portion of
the rule book everyone! Better?

>Methinks thou dost protest too much.

So does your new boy Bryan. 8-)
But someone's gotta do it when you don't. 8-0

And I still don't see how an additional after hours
tech cycle for 12 events saves anyone any time. The
"qualified" folks still need the regular tech earlier,
right? Few folks attend many more than 12 events a
season, right? No one attends 24 events where a
breakeven would occur, right? The "annual tech" cycle
needs to restart each year, right?
It all seems like an answer without a question. The
question always seems harder work than the answer
doesn't it?
I think if you could seperate the message from the
messenger there is a discussion here.
I know, if I really cared I would still be at those
"open" meetings, keeping the faithful opposition
position healthy. And I would still be chairing 6+ SFR
events plus the divisional each year. Possibly the
annual street race not seen since we were sent away
too. And a lot of other stuff that I was told to take
away and start my own club with if I had such
differing ideas. And insisted on driving a nasty
Prepared class car....
Oh, I did.
Now I remember.
Never mind.