Re: Local tire shops (was: Looking for Kumho Tires)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Local tire shops (was: Looking for Kumho Tires)
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:44:46 -0800
On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 07:02:25AM -0800, Johann Schubert wrote:
> If you had to bring the torque wrench, I would say that's another strike
> against them. They can't afford to buy the tools to do the job right?  :-(

I always bring a torque wrench to a wheel shop just in case.  It's
also a good reminder if they see me standing there with a torque
wrench ready to be used when they go to put the wheels back on.

They probably do have a torque wrench or two, and I didn't even have
to wave mine at them.  The tech saw it in the passenger seat, got it
out, and asked what torque spec I wanted.

My problem with America's Tire in Mountain View wasn't really with the
job they did.  I think they did a fine job.  It's just the people
manning the phone and the cash register.

I'm impressed with all of you who have statistical samples of
America's Tire in MV.  If I have one bad experience at a shop, I'm
outta there.  There have been many good suggestions in this thread, so
I don't feel any real need to go back to a shop I've had trouble with.

Thanks for the data...

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94