Boondoggle - Thanks

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Boondoggle - Thanks
From: "Bryan P. Nemy" <bnemy@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:02:59 -0800
I got up at o'dark 30 on Sunday morning and rolled out of bed.  Got
ready to go to Boondoggle.  Drove the motorhome all of about 15 minutes
and got to the Coliseum parking lot about 6:45.  Still dark, but looked
like Katie was playing the weather right.  Some real early risers were
already there just waiting for something to do to get the blood flowing
on this very cold morning.  Frank shows. Vernon shows.  Katie shows.
Other early helpers show and it starts to look like an autocross is
going to happen.  By 9:10 we are ready to rock.  Timers setup, course
all lined, barriers brought in at the last minute by the Coliseum, 1st
run group teched, drivers meeting held.  The event goes like
clockwork.   Only real issue all day is some fussy timers when the sun
stars it's decent.  Can't believe we got 292 through and may have had
time for fun runs if we pushed it and Katie had her way.

At the end of the day I drove the Motorhome back to it's parking spot,
caught up with some of the participants at Ricky's and enjoyed a well
earned burger.  Went home and thought about how lucky I felt to be chief
of "the region that knows how".  We just have a fabulous group of people
that know how to put a great event on.  I can't mention everyone, but
some of the key players were:  Katie Kelly and Vernon Head - Event
Chairs, M.J. Dunlop - Safety, Durk Edwards - Tech, Frank Stagnaro -
Course Design, Don Ebaugh - Equipment, Don Lew - Registration, John
Kelly - Scheduling, Pat Kelly - Results, Jerry Mouton - Web and of
course all those others that worked multiple groups and got things going
in the morning and cleaned up when it was all over.

Thanks, you're the greatest.

Bryan