RE: Local tire shops (was: Looking for Kumho Tires)

To: "'Bay_Area_Autocross_List'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Local tire shops (was: Looking for Kumho Tires)
From: Navid Kahangi <navid@interwoven.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:16:28 -0800
There is a little tire shop just off of 101 on Oakland Ave, one exit South
of 880.  It's called "A & M Tires".  The place doesn't look like much, but
they do an excellent job.  They have never complained about mounting and
balancing my odd-sized tires/wheels (I've put 275/35/18 Hoosiers on 8.5"
wheels and I mount tires on 18X10s all the time).  They have never scratched
any of my wheels doing it either.  They can usually get it done while you
wait.  The mounting machine is good and they work fast.

The owner's name is Aries (Greek guy) and he charges me $35 total for
mounting and balancing of 4 tires.  He knows me well, so don't expect the
same price.  But it shouldn't be much more than that.

--Navid