Re: practice session

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: practice session
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:35:04 -0800
More to the point, I don't think that club-jumping in order to score
championship points would be an issue at all in a practice session,
since there are no points to score.

I think the more difficult issue related to having a group of people
work all day so that the drivers don't have to is how to entice those
people to stand around in the sun all day if they don't get to drive.
Is the extra money that people are willing to pay in order to not work
sufficient to pay the workers to do their jobs?

I don't think so.  Working an hour or two when you're already there to
drive just isn't that much of a hardship.  Getting up at 6am, driving
45 minutes, and then standing in the sun and having cars whiz by you
all day for someone else's benefit sounds a lot less attractive.  I'd
much rather chair an event, and Sherry has a hard enough time rounding
up event chairs!

I think that a practice session would be a good idea if it could be
pulled off (especially since the Sac Evolution schools don't seem to
be happening this year).  Just don't get too fanciful -- figure out
how to do it *at all* first before you work on variations.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94