Re: Duel at DeAnza?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Duel at DeAnza?
From: Glenn Ellingson <geewiz@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:32:49 -0800
I certainly don't want to extend or contribute to a flame war here, but:

On Friday, January 18, 2002, at 10:43 AM, Kelly, Katie wrote:
> [Dennis wrote:]
>> Sure, then again, you gotta pay an extra $50 about 6
>> weeks in advance, wait for some officious paper,
>> remember to have it with you, yadda, yadda, yah. Oh
>> that was never seen as a limiting device?
>
> It's not a limiting device.

The SCCA SFA Solo2 web site says
(http://www.sfrscca.com/solo2/news.html#Membersonly):
"Due to the huge number of entrants we have been attracting to our events,
  it was decided last year to limit entrants to SCCA members holding
membership cards or FAXed proof of membership."

Not a limiting device? I think I can see how Dennis got the idea that it
was one :). Perhaps both sides of this battle are "stretching" a bit to
win a battle that won't (and shouldn't) be won? [And Dennis, I think you
started this last exchange....]

Now seriously, though, as someone who is new to California and thus has
none of this rumored history to color my perceptions, and as someone who
has now attended several SCCA and NASA events, I'd like to say that I hope
everyone can get along, 'cause I certainly enjoy both organizations --
SCCA for the fast drivers in same and similar classes to hold my ego in
check, and NASA for the four runs and the laid-back attitude.

Silicon Valley is autocrossing heaven, with dates most weekends year-round,
  and I have told my wife we can't move out of here until (through all this
practice) I manage win a solo2 national championship. So snipe at each
other if you must, but please keep hosting events :-).

-- Glenn, who is slowly getting less slow

PS: Dennis, count me as one friend you would have at the Boondoggle....