RE: Duel at DeAnza?

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Duel at DeAnza?
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:12:59 -0800 (PST)
>Gong! You have reached ten out of ten on the
>Gong-o-meter, Dennis, AGAIN!

Hey, it's the off season for your club, someone's
gotta keep folks awake!
Gongg.

>When SFR exceeds 275, we just figure out a way to
give >them all their three runs.

Sure, then again, you gotta pay an extra $50 about 6
weeks in advance, wait for some officious paper,
remember to have it with you, yadda, yadda, yah. Oh
that was never seen as a limiting device? Just
customer service in the big city? Mea Culpa.
Gonggg
As for three runs, even DeAnza gives three runs. Of
course they are all run back to back....
Gongggg

>Of course, we don't try to eliminate people by
holding events three hours away from civilization
either, ba da boom.

Oh yeah, Monterey is three hours from Pleasanton. On
one of Mr Gore's Chinese commuter bicycles.
Gonggggg.
And of course those inhabited porta potties at
Candlestick are the epitome of civilization.
Whoaaaah.

>Hey, that felt good.

PS, a big secret, Pleasanton, Oakland, Monterey, and
San Francisco are each right at 45 miles from Ben
Lomond. The oft quoted and printed fact that somehow I
have picked the most personally convenient location is
a bit, what, revisionist.
And I too have had three hour "commutes" to events at
GGF, Novato, Candlestick, and even steering committee
meetings in Union City/Newark for that matter. It's a
matter of traffic congestion, not distance. I have
made Sacramento in shorter tows. You shoulda tried New
Years Day, all of "civilization and authority" was
hung over and/or watching those exciting New York or
LA parades on TV, and the roads were as they shoulda
been.
BooHoo to that great civilization.
8-)

>We'll get way over 300 at the Boondoggle by the Bay.
You are of course invited.

Do you have permission to extend this invitation?
Remember I personally destroyed the GGF facility with
my 500db 1800cc motor about a hundred years ago. Or
something like that. The actual numbers were never
given. Or was it the color was too loud? It never was
very clear to me.

BaBaBoom

=====
Dennis Hale