Re: SFR Rules on Numbers.

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SFR Rules on Numbers.
From: "Grantz, Sherry" <Sherry.Grantz@aspect.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:10:32 -0700
Well, Jerry, I'd say we're not only close to enforcing our own rule on
numbers, we're pretty much there. Since we generally do not change supps
during the year (except in cases of dire need), all the number nazis ought
to just chill out.

The real problem is that start is so far from T&S, and there is no PA to get
problems corrected at GGF. This is an event management problem, not a
competitor problem. Let's stop hassling our entrants/members and fix the
real problems.

Just my opinion.
Sherry

Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:36:20 -0700
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>

There was a question at the SC meeting about whether SFR
is enforcing the rules for numbering on cars or not.
Anyone interested in seeing what the real rules are on this
subject should check out rule 17 in:

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2001/supps.html#general

I think you'll agree that we are pretty close to enforcing what's
on the books.

Jerry

Supplemental Regulations for 2001
17. Car numbers and classes: Each competing car must have numbers and
complete class designation clearly shown on both sides of the car. For
multiple entrant cars,only the number and class of the entrant driving may
be seen during each respective run. (Paper numbers handed out at
registration for an event may be used without class designation to satisfy
the requirements of this section).