Re: M3 tire question

To: "Mike Eynon" <stingray@onth.com>
Subject: Re: M3 tire question
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:26:50 -0700
At 01:56 PM 4/26/2001 -0700, Mike Eynon wrote:
>3.      Run 225s all around.  This sounded funny to me until my friend pointed
>out that the tread width on the 225 Kumho is nearly a half inch wider than
>the tread width on my 245 Potenza S02 PP street tire (according to the
>TireRack tables).
>
>Anyone...?

Okay, I am anyone!  :-)  Kevin Stevens implicated me yesterday in M3 car
setup.  I would recommend you go with the Kumho 225's all the way around
for your first set of R tires.  After that you can go to the Kumho 245's if
you want, but they will require spacers in the front to clear the struts
and are much taller than any other R tire that fits the M3.  To me, the car
feels really sluggish on the Kumho 245's, which is one of the reasons I
don't run them.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com