Re: M3 tire question

To: "Mike Eynon" <stingray@onth.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: M3 tire question
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:12:40 -0700
Mike,

I can't help too much with your M3 questions, but

I thought I'd mention that I believe that based on the
stock class rules, it's not necessary to go with the same
stagger front to rear that the car came with.  The rules
allow ANY wheel of a size near what was shipped with the car,
and it's not in the class of "a complete option set", as the
rule allows wheels that are not of the exact same size, even,
that was offered on the car.  I run same size front and rear,
as do most 911 drivers I know.  Some Corvette guys have run
bigger tires on the front.  Your note seems to imply you
believe this, too, but there have been other notes that
seem to imply you have to match what was on the car
in the showroom -- not true, says I

Not that it's anything other than my opinion, but there it is...

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!