RE: M3 tire question

To: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: M3 tire question
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:39:30 -0700
Scot sed:

> And there's a good reason the g-Forces are so cheap.  Nobody wants them :)

> Seriously, I've heard the g-Force R1 is extremely unforgiving, so it may not
> be the best choice for a beginner even if it is cheap.

Mike sez:

I would agree with that!

I just got a set of G-Forces on my car, simply because no other brand of comp
tire was available in the sizes I needed (except Hoosiers, which don't last on
the street so were not an option for me). So far I am underwhelmed with the
G-Force. They're stickier than street tires, but hard to control at the
limits. The Kumhos and even the old asymmetric BFG R1s seemed better.