Re: M3 tire question

To: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>
Subject: Re: M3 tire question
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:14:43 -0700
Jerry Mouton wrote:

> The rules
> allow ANY wheel of a size near what was shipped with the car,
> and it's not in the class of "a complete option set", as the
> rule allows wheels that are not of the exact same size, even,
> that was offered on the car.

Jerry,
There's this other guy named Jerry Mouton who appears
to say otherwise on his website:

"13.4 Wheels

"Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following: it is the
same width and diameter as standard,
and as installed (including wheel spacers if applicable) it
does not have an offset more than +/- 0.25 inch from a
standard wheel for the car."

Unless one has metric sized or 12" diameter wheels,
I don't see where any wheel "of a size near what was
shipped on the car" is permitted in stock classes.

Now, "standard" does mean any orderable and factory
installed wheel.

Charlie made me do it.
Rich