Re: Driving Instruction

To: ba-autoX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driving Instruction
From: David Rowney <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:41:35 -0800
We sent my niece to a one-day Barber highway safety school at Laguna Seca
when she turned 16.  She did the course after 6 months of driving
experience. All the driving was in the Laguna paddock, and the emphasis is
on road safety and car control, NOT competition, and is at Solo II speeds
or less.  The driving part consisted of skid pad, lane-change, stopping,
and short autocross exercises using the school cars: Neon, Dakota pickup
truck, and a Viper at the end. She had a great time and highly recommends it.

http://www.skipbarber.com/

Another local option is the Russell Highway Survival school at Sears:
http://www.russellracing.com/highwaysurvival.html

Dave