Re: Driving Instruction

To: Rob Weinstock <weinstro@hotmail.com>, ba-autoX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driving Instruction
From: Patrick Jones <axng4me@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:31:44 -0800 (PST)
Skip Barber two day driving school.  It was fantastic and I learned a
ton.  There was even a 16 year old there, sent by his parents to pass
the class before he got his license.  He had never driven a stick
before and at the end was taking the Vipers around an autocross course.

They taught car control theory, the physics behind suspension and what
happens to a car in various situations (class room work).  Outside we
went through many lane change situations, threshold breaking practice,
skid control, and proper (according to skip and friends) hand movement.

A week after the course I used what I learned on the Sunol Grade to
avoid a car by diving onto the shoulder and threshold breaking my Neon.
 Before the class I probably would have locked the wheels and held on.

Well worth the money.  This was at Laguna about three years ago.  I
will send my kids there when the time comes.

patrick