Re: Round 14

To: Rob Weinstock <weinstro@hotmail.com>, black94pgt@pacbell.net,
Subject: Re: Round 14
From: James Creasy <jcre@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:46:14 -0700
we could have test-n-tune or practice events, as to not increase the number
of events.

i do not agree it is 'fine' to lose people to sac.  for one, i would rather
drive 5 minutes to GGF than 75 minutes to sac. also we need to stay
attractive to top talent, otherwise our overall skill level will suffer and
we will all be poorer for it.

remember, the goal is not to exclude people, but to be able to finish our
events before dark.  and expect some fun runs.  the more people we can
handle in one day, the more money we make, and thus the more likely we will
have money for a permanent site (ha- that makes me laugh though, can we
possibly save money faster than the rate of land inflation?).  do we care
about how much money we make?

-james