RE: Round 14

To: "'Smokerbros@aol.com'" <Smokerbros@aol.com>, Sherry.Grantz@aspect.com
Subject: RE: Round 14
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:35:19 -0700
Charlie writes...

> Not at an individual event, no.  Over the long run, it might
> make an impact.
> I'd bet if we offer no Rookie Classes at Slush #1, we'll
> still get ~250
> entrants.

How could it not make an impact when for so long, all we've heard was what a
powerful impact the rookie classes have made on SFR's autocross membership?

Sherry writes...

>I'm
>personally not opposed to selling a card to one >friend of someone who's
been
>a member for a while so they can try out the
>sport. How do you regulate
>this? Answer: Not easily. Especially when we
>don't have a permanent
>registration crew.

"Not easily" doesn't answer the question. This scenario would create an
atmosphere of arbitrary favoritism.

You do realize that the days in January are far shorter than they are
October 1st, right? In three months, you're not even going to have any
rookies for your rookie program. How long was this membership cap supposed
to last?

Katie