Re: Guess what i just found...

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Guess what i just found...
From: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:13:23 -0700
Yes, the same Mike Camicia that gave me driving instructions DURING my run
at Duel at DeAnza last year.

I was driving my friends nearly brand new Civic Si on full tread street
tires after doing several events in the kart.  Needless to say the steering
didn't react quite as quickly as I was expecting (hoping?).

As I head into the little slalom in middle heading back towards the
announcers stand I clipped both of the defining cones.  By "clipped" I
actually mean whacked, but anyway...  As I rounded the right hander in
front of the stand I actually hear Mike say "Try using the steering wheel,
the big round thing in front of you!"

Ouch...

         --Darren

This is why I drive loud cars so I can't hear the announcer making fun of me!