Re: SFR First Time Nationals entrants -- SFR will refund yourentrance f

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SFR First Time Nationals entrants -- SFR will refund yourentrance fee
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:34:27 -0700
We have had a significant amount of discussion about
Region goals in the past few years, and one of the strongest
I believe has been the development of Nationals caliber drivers,
and maintaining (or recapturing) our place as the winningest
Region at Nationals.  That has been the thrust of every
discussion I recall on "Mission Statement" and/or "Mission"
Perhaps we should discuss again at the SC if there is any
disagreement, but I am happy with this mission.

We were also faced with the Precedent of the St. Louis chapter funding
their Nationals Rookies in this way.  This was the primary incitement for
this vote, I believe.

There was significant discussion of inclusion of "ALL" SFR members,
including chapters.  I heard this as explicitly included in the
proposal passed.  My opinion is that because of geography and the
number of competitors (and other factors ;-) SFR solo2 is split into
several chapters; however, in the rulebook, we are all listed as
SFR champions (when we win), and so encouraging entrants from
all chapters helps achieve the SFR Solo2 mission -- as above.

We voted to support entrants in the year 2000.  This year's situation
monetarily (Thanks to John K.'s getting us mostly local sites this year)
allows us to do this.  Next year may be completely different, and
there was no vote to make this a permanent annual award.  I am not
sure I can see how a "precedent" was set.  Will a year 2002 rookie
sue SFR Solo2 to get their $90.00 refund?  Good luck.

Perhaps some future entrant will badmouth the Steering Committee.
Oh NOOOO!  Horrors!  Something must be done!!!   You may notice
that badmouthing the SC and anyone else who takes action is rampant,
and human nature.  We'll just have to get over it.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!