Re: SFR First Time Nationals entrants -- SFR will refund your

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: SFR First Time Nationals entrants -- SFR will refund your
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:55:26 -0400

Message text written by "Donald R McKenna"

"John,

Even though its hard for you to maintain the perspective that ALL of us are
part of the SF Region, why don't you start supporting reconcilliation
instead of division?

For those who weren't at the 8-22 SC meeting, as I recall, the vote had no
negative votes but included, three abstensions. Guess who one of them was.

        Don"

I thought the move was VERY generous, still do. It's a nice touch.
        As for being divisive, my abstention was a concern about a
precedent being set and feeling we should really talk about the issue some
more. My concern is when our non-profit organization spends money to
support a FEW people rather than the whole club. I think the IRS takes a
dim view of that.
        Perhaps, Don, if you attended our GGF events rather than traveling
into the Valley as often as you do, you'd have a more rounded viewpoint
about the generosity of a club that is financially well off and willing to
share and promote our National club.
        If it would not have been self-serving to me, I would have
supported a motion to pay the entry fee of ALL San Francisco Region
entrants at the 2000 Solo II Nationals. And that's how I feel about that!
But it didn't happen and, as in all previous times, Pat and I are willingly
paying our own way.
        Most important, I feel because of what has been put together the
past two seasons, SF Region will have more people attending the Nationals
than we've had in quite some time. And with a larger entry, we should bring
home more than our fair share of trophies. And that's the whole point of
the exercise.

--John Kelly

--John Kelly