Re: GGF & Tires (was: Inner QuandAries)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GGF & Tires (was: Inner QuandAries)
From: "avillasol" <avillasol@primo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:52:16 +0000
I think along with lots of tread, a course like Sunday's also benefitted
cars with lots of horsepower, regardless of street tires or R tires.  The #3
PAX'd Komush Capri was on 225 A3S03 Hoosiers ('99 compound) with 6 events
(two drivers) on the tires, with three drivers on Sunday.

I thought the surface had great grip for asphalt, and was much better than
last event when I ran in Katie's car, in the very first run group.  It's a
great site and I thank everyone (John Kelly!) involved in obtaining its use
for us.  We are very fortunate to have this site.

And I don't think Charlie needs to be driving Don's car anymore! =)  But
seriously, that was some nice driving Charlie.  I had an eternity to think
about your final time before they let me go out for my final run.  Thanks
for putting the pressure on us.  It was a good character builder!  Y2K
Nationals are gonna be fun!!  And we'll probably be gridded next to Don
which will be great.

-Arie