1200 is National limit

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1200 is National limit
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:14:10 -0400
For immediate release   15 August 2000

SCCA National Office Announces First Time Ever Entry Cap for the Tire Rack
SCCA National Solo Championships

DENVER, CO: For the first time in SCCA history; the annual September
running
of The Tire Rack SCCA National Solo Championships in Topeka, Kansas will
cap
total entries at 1200 participants.  Explosive growth within the sport of
Solo competition in the last 12 months have resulted in record entries to
the
Topeka event -- already the largest event of its kind in the world by a
substantial margin -- increasing its size by nearly one-third for the 2000
running.

For the last several seasons, the Tire Rack SCCA National Solo
Championships
have hovered at the 900 - 940 entry level.  A goal of "1000 in 2000," set
by
Howard Duncan, SCCA Project Manager late last year seemed easily
attainable,
but the overwhelming growth in the sport far exceeded this now seemingly
conservative goal.  Duncan said "We are truly thrilled the adjustments we
made to the National Solo program for 2000 have been so well accepted by
the
enthusiast community, and the Tire Rack's marketing assistance has clearly
had an increased exposure role for us as well."

Currently, entries for the event are running nearly double the usual amount
at this time of the year, and forecasting indicates that the event could
run
close to 1400 entries if left unchecked.  With quality of presentation
concerns, and a need to assure that all entrants get the proper number of
runs per day, the SCCA National Office made the decision today to cap the
number at 1200, the current logistical maximum.

Dennis Dean, Vice President of the SCCA Rally, Solo and Club Racing
departments sees the opportunity for the Tire Rack SCCA National Solo
Championships to expand the format of the event in 2001 to accommodate a
significantly larger crowd.  "We are in the best situation possible right
now, with the overall accessibility and interest in the sport at an all
time
high.  We are also mindful of the importance of presenting a quality event,
and feel that it is best at this juncture to cap our entries, and give
those
in attendance the best show possible."

"There are still spaces available," reminded Tasha Goodale, the SCCA's
Rally/Solo Department Manager; "but we can see those remaining slots
filling
fast."  Faxed entries are always accepted, and sending completed entry
forms
to the Club office by the end of business on Friday, 18 August will avoid
the
$50.00 late fee that goes into effect on Monday, 21 August.  The Rally/Solo
department fax number is 303.694.3654.

For more information regarding the SCCA's National Solo Program, the Topeka
based "Tire Rack SCCA National Solo Championships" or the Tire Rack, visit
the following websites:
·   www.scca.org
·   www.tirerack.com
or contact the SCCA National Office at RallySolo@compuserve.com or by